SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to your use of:
- The CHEZ mobile application software (App) available on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Making an order with a Chef on the App (Services).
- If you are a Chef the receipt of and fulfilment of an Order from a Customer including the processing of Customer personal data.
- The Chez Website (www.chezfood.co) and any sign up form within.
- This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and provided to the Chef and used in the processing of your Order and any Delivery. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
If you are a Customer, our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Services by Us to You will apply, or if you are a Chef our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Services by the Chef to CHEZ, will apply to your use of our Site and App.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App or our Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App, download the App, searching on our App, ordering from the App, providing feedback on an order on the App and when you report a problem with the App or our Services and if you are a Chef your provision of services via the App. If you contact us, We will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, background details, curriculum vitae (Chef application form) and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit use the App we will automatically collect the details of your use of the App whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may use your information to contact you for your views on the App and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the App or the Services.
- Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by e-mail.
- Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may also share information with third parties (including those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to use your information in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) and/or e-mail) and to help us analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that by submitting Reviews regarding the Website, Service and/or the Chef, you consent to us to use such Reviews on the Website or the App and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside (and any other information that you may from time to time consent to us disclosing).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers which may be in or outside Australia but is currently situated in Sydney, and may be accessed by or given to our staff who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes notified to you from time to time in this policy. We will always take steps to ensure that your information is treated in accordance with this policy.
- If you have consented we may allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, our affiliates and associates, to contact you occasionally about services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS, etc.) as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Website Terms and any other agreement; or to protect our rights or the rights of the Chef or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where you have chosen a password that enables you to login on the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Services give you the opportunity to give feedback on your Order from the Chef. Ensure when using this feature that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Privacy Act 1988 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of $AUD 10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.